Where we serve Select your state to ﬁnd out what we can offer you
Choose the state you reside in:
SmartEnergy is an electric company committed to providing 100% renewable energy to Rhode Island customers served by National Grid.
Products and Services:
We offer a variety of products and benefits to make sure going green will suit your household’s needs. Our services include:
A variable rate plan with no cancellation fees and no long term contracts
A fixed rate plan for stable budgeting
No enrollment fees
No activation fees
Energy in your State
- In 2017, 92% of Rhode Island’s net electricity generation came from natural gas.
- Rhode Island’s total emissions of carbon dioxide were the second-lowest among all states in 2015.
- As recently as 2016 Rhode Island had the lowest per capita energy consumption among all states.
- Please click here for the Environmental Disclosure label.
- Please click here for our Terms of Service.
Monthly electricity usage for the average household in Rhode Island
Average electricity rate
Average monthly bill
Statistics from http://www.eia.gov/
In addition to the thousands of pounds of CO2 offset each year by choosing SmartEnergy’s 100% renewable plan, new customers also have a tree planted in their honor through the Arbor Day Foundation. So far, over 250,000 trees have been planted thanks to SmartEnergy customers. To calculate your environmental impact with your own yearly electricity usage, click here.